Sunday, January 9, 2011

Birthday Weekend

 I have heard some fellow Capricorns out there complain about their hatred of the January birthday.  But I have to say, I, for one, love it.  I love that after the thrill of the holidays is over, the sadness that usually creeps in with the fact that reality is about to restart does not come to me.  I have something else to look forward to.  I was thrilled to learn in church last week that actually the holiday season does not technically end until January 6 because that is the day of Epiphany, which is the celebration of when the Magi brought gifts to the infant Jesus.  So, I love that my birthday happens to fall on this day, because as I am showered with gifts, I am yet again reminded of the ultimate gift of salvation through the birth of Christ.



What a great day and weekend I had!  My students were very sweet and left me notes on my desk and wished me Happy Birthday all day long.  Patrick showered me with gifts all weekend.  He took me to dinner on my actual birthday to a local mexican place and then we got coffee and hung out.  Friday night, we had a real date night thanks to a lovely little gift certicate Christmas present from Dave and Katie.  Thank you guys!



I got not one, but two bouquets of flowers, some bubble gum and other various candy, and an American Express gift card to use whenever I want without having to ask Patrick if I can buy something or has he made the house payment yet....

I also got Martha.
Which was not planned, but a direct result of taking down the Christmas tree and trying to suck up too many pine needles.  Apparently that is bad for your vacuum?  Who knew.

Sunday evening, we had dinner with my entire family.  Granny made my favorite vegetable soup, grilled cheeses (my personal request), and eclair cake, which, let's be honest, was the star of the show.  My family is extremely generous and loving and I received many wonderful cards and gifts.

*And, to top it all off, this year was double special because from now on I will get to share this day of celebration with Micah James Hodgson, born around 3:00 p.m. on January 6 to our dear friends Liz and Matt.  Congrats friends!*

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR MAKING MY DAY SPECIAL AND LOVING ME SO WELL!

No comments: