It has been a long time coming. I don't know why but it felt like we'd never get here! I had a great year with great kids who I will miss 100%, but I'm SO happy to have a little time to regroup.
I celebrated yesterday by:
- Doing Week 6, Day 2 of my Bridge to 10K running plan
- Eating ice cream (Low-fat, Skinny Cow. How I love thee.)
- Taking a nap
- Going to Target and browsing for as long as I want with no where to be
- Reading a magazine (instead of my usual 20,000 research papers)
- Wearing pajama pants for an absurdly long time
- Laying by the pool
- Getting a mani/pedi with my mama
- Having dinner with the best friend
- Watching Twilight (and maybe even New Moon)
Patrick is in Indiana doing a school session, which is the only reason I have not list "hot date with my husband" in the above lists. Just wanted to clarify.