Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween: I'm a little behind.

I don't know how, but I forgot to post about Halloween at our house. Well, wait. I do know how. I have been way too lazy to get the camera card out of the camera and upload the pictures. But today is the day! And seriously, I'm glad I didn't just not post about it because look how cute my nephew is?! That cuteness should not be denied to you all, our loyal fans. He is SO CUTE. And the best part is, HE LOVES HIS AUNT EMILY. Which could not thrill me any more.

My other niece and nephew are also irresistibly cute. Taylan was a ghost. Isabelle was a princess. Let's just say her mother was less than happy when a neighbor asked her if she was Lady Gaga and the remainder of the night Isabelle referred to herself as Lady Gaga, of course having no idea what she was saying as most 4 year-olds tend to do. Thanks a lot Neighbor Lady. She's a princess with vampire teeth, OK?

Sayge and his daddy in a scary mask.


We handed out candy and babysat Sayge while my brother-in-law and sister-in-law went trick-or-treating with Taylan and Isabelle around the neighborhood. Two of my highschoolers came by wearing Jason masks. They had a fake knife and walked slowly up our lawn in a seriously creepy and disturbing way. They were really proud of themselves for creeping me out. I gave them candy even though they were gentlemen and said they shouldn't take it because they were too old to be trick-or-treating. I have such good kids :) I know some people are all up in arms about Halloween and some people refuse to celebrate it, but I do really like the way that everyone in the neighborhood is out and about. I loved chatting with some neighbors that I never see and seeing all the kids in their costumes. It has a great community feel to it that I really enjoy. It also reminds me that it is officially Fall, my favorite season. Who doesn't like a good reason to celebrate and eat a little candy?

No comments: