Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Long Weekend


We took a long weekend this past weekend.  It. Was. So. Good.  Can I stress that a little more?  SO. GOOD.  So. Good. Like, do-we-really-have-to-go-home? kinda good.  

We left Thursday night.  I got a SUBSTITUTE for Friday.  Which meant Thursday was my Friday.  Awesome sauce.  Because I was seriously done by Thursday.  It was one of those weeks.

We took our time getting to Richmond, stopping in to see a good friend in Stauton along the way.

On Friday, we slept in.  Well, by slept in, I mean Patrick slept in.  I slept "later than normal," but got up to lounge around, drink coffee, finish my book, and watch TV.  So, really it was just as good.  We meandered to lunch around 1:30 and then slipped in Barnes and Noble for a good long while to check out books and read magazines.  We are nerds, I know.  Don't judge.

There may or may not have been a much needed afternoon nap to recover from all the activity of getting up and dressed and reading books.  It was rough, you know.

We stopped by the mall later on that evening and wandered around.  Someone was really happy with our trip to Brookstone.  Yes, the shoes are off. 

We had pizza for dinner and made our way back to the hotel.

Saturday was really hard on us, what with sleeping until 11:00 and having no where to be and all...  :)

We met Betty Cabell for lunch at Can-Can.  We caught up on all things running and lip liner and new hair colors and our foster parent news.  It was excellent.

And then, I went shopping.  Because my husband is wonderful and loves me very much, he sent me to the mall on my own (instead of coming along and whining and rushing me).  It was fabulous.  I went to Ann Taylor Loft four times, because I could.  I tried on a million things in H&M and bought nothing, because I could.  I got starbucks and sat at a table by myself for a few minutes, relishing the glory of alone time and not having to answer to a million 14-year-olds calling "Mrs. Herndon" for the 400,000th time.  It was lovely.

That night we got sandwiches and DQ blizzards and watched the Vols get crushed by Alabama (sad face). 

On Sunday, we made a stop by Trader Joes, our favorite, and headed home.  We got a bunch of stuff accomplished around the house, which made us feel like rockstars, especially after spending the whole weekend being lazy. 

Overall, it was a fabulous and much needed rest.  We are so easily pleased.  We were happy just to be away and to be with each other.  We are not sure how much of this precious alone time with have left in our future, so we are reveling in every. single. minute.

No comments: