Sunday, October 10, 2010

The week in which I go from surviving to thriving.

There comes a point into the schoolyear, usually around October, where I throw my hands up in the air and say, "Enough!" I've had enough.

It happened on Friday.

On Friday, when I said to myself, "Ah, that's better. Now I can handle this week." And then the week was over. And so I'd had it. Had it with living for Friday to come. Had it just trying to make it through each day. Had it with having to rush around from one thing to another. Had it with drowning in grades. With my messy house. With my empty fridge. With the fact that I HAVE NOT BEEN ON A RUN SINCE JUNE.

I can no longer live in survival mode. It's not working.

So I came home and took a nap. It's what happens to me when the world begins to spin.




And then I regrouped. And I decided that it was time to put my game face on and get back on the ball.

I turned off the tv.

I cleaned the kitchen counters and the bathrooms.

I made a menu plan for this week that involves a lot of crockpot use.

I went to the grocery store.

I put away laundry.

I graded the last of my papers.

I made the goal to go running twice this week.

I sent all the emails I'd been meaning to send and keep forgetting.

I took a very long nap on Sunday afternoon and read a book for pleasure.



I made the decision to NOT operate in survival mode this week. Because I'm so over that.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

get it, girl! I am so there with you.

Jenna said...

good for you!! i have hit that wall too and ended up dusting ceiling fans friday night :) i hope youre doing well!!