Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Very Merry Thanksgiving

We had a lovely and restful Thanksgiving Break. Both of us were glad to be off for 4 days straight in a row. We couldn't believe it! Patrick kept saying, "Wait? I don't have to go to work tomorrow either??" It was great. We did a lot of sleeping, a lot of eating, and a lot of just sittin' around our cozy little house reading Twilight.



Well, that's what I did.



Patrick had to write 2 papers. And he is not showing much enthusiasm over vampires these days. ::sigh:: Someone has to keep up with modern day, 21st century, 9th grade girl culture around here. Might as well be me.



I got out of school early on Wednesday afternoon. Came home and took a gloriously long nap. That really set the tone for the weekend. Thursday, we slept in. I got up, made some sweet potato casserole, drank multiple cups of coffee wearin' my PJs and watched the parade. We went to my mom and dad's for my side of the family's Thanksgiving. Then we came home and took, you guessed it, another gloriously long nap. Then, in a thrilling and unexpected turn of events, we sat on the couch all night long and watched more TV than we have in ages. It was delicious.



I did make it out of the house on Friday to have lunch and browse some great consignment shops with one of my bestest friends. We had pizza at Grace's, which is the best dang pizza place I have ever been. I bought a great fitted vintage-looking fair isle sweater that looks as good as new at the consignment shop down the street. My friend bought a vintage black lace dress (it was awesome), a beautiful graphic looking pillow and some dish towels from the 1970s that were so cute. We managed to make it all the way through Black Friday without buying a single gift for anyone but ourselves. We're really good at that. Shopping is how we made it through college.



We had Thanksgiving dinner with Patrick's side of the family that night at his parent's. We finished up the night at the movies with good friends whom we hadn't seen in ages, and they had an exciting announcement to share!! (I'm not supposed to tell yet though, sorry. You'll have to be on the edge of your seats for that one. Don't you hate it when people do that?)



Today I did not get out of my pajamas. Like at all. Except to go eat dinner with my family before sending my brother back to D.C. At dinner my brother asked Patrick and I what we had done all day and we sort of looked at each other confused. Patrick said, "Did we go anywhere today? Do anything? I can't remember??" And I said, "I didn't. And you slept 'til 2." "Oh," he said, looking at Dave, "Nope, we didn't do anything. Just wanted to make sure." And so that was that. We watched the Vols beat Kentucky, laying on the couch, curled up with some cute kitty cats and full bellies. It was truly a restful and relaxing day. A restful and relaxing weekend!





We felt so blessed to have this time.

No comments: