Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer At Last

If you hear the Hallelujah chorus around noon tomorrow it's because I will be officially done with school!
::cue the dance music and shouts of joy::


Free at last!

On the eve of this summer vacation, I have celebrated what is coming by getting a pedicure with my best friend, not cooking dinner, taking a walk with my husband, not grading papers, staying up until 11:30, reading for pleasure, and not doing laundry.

I have plans to not have plans this summer.
We are leaving for a long but too short weekend at the beach on Friday.
We will be taking a long weekend trip to Washington, D.C. in July.
I will be working for five days on a project with our school system.

Other than that, I have no plans.
The world is my oyster.
It's going to be so good, people.

Here are some things that I hope happen:
1. Cooking dinner on a regular basis.
2. Reading for at least an hour every day.
3. Taking multiple walks with my sweet husband.
4. Sleeping in A LOT.
5. Running

I hope I am not being too ambitious.

No comments: