Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Weekend Keeps Going

I needed a STRONG cup of coffee this morning.  I made the good stuff.  The expensive stuff. The Kona.  We only break it out in cases of emergency tiredness. 

It was hard to face the reality of school this morning, even if it is the last full week.  Our weekend was so full of goodness and summer that it was hard to believe we still had to come back!

We spent Friday night at a cookout with our church family.  I love these people.





On Saturday morning our cheerleaders had another car wash.  Good times and hot sun.  I got a little burnt!
(photo by Hannah McKinney Keen, my friend and lovely cheerleading co-coach)

We also attended a company cookout for Patrick's work and a graduation party for my cousin! 
(No pictures, boo.)

And on Sunday, we visited with a cousin whom I never get to see and his family.  We also celebrated my grandfather's 79th birthday! 

We only turned on the TV to curl up on the couch for a movie on Saturday night. 
I think every other waking second was spent outside. 
 Pure and incredible bliss.

I <3 Weekends.

And do you want to know a secret?  We are SO cheating.  We are leaving this afternoon (before school is even out!) for a night away in Asheville, North Carolina.  I have a substitute for tomorrow.  I will come back on Wednesday and review for these crazy exams and that will be it!  I am so giddy; I feel like a kid on Christmas!  I am so excited for our little excursion.  We have big plans to eat at the same restaurant we LOVED on our honeymoon and to hit up a Mumford and Sons concert with a group of friends! 

Oh, it's going to be so good.


No comments: