Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Today, Tonight, Tomorrow.

Today: I read Psalm 57 over my eggs and salsa for breakfast. I let the words God will send forth His lovingkindness and His truth wash over me.  I went to school thinking about His lovingkindness and tried to show it to my students.  My goal for today was TO BE NICE.  Not that I am a mean teacher.  I don't scream or yell (most days), but I do get stressed.  And I often make things harder than they are.  So, for today, I tried not to panic when it seemed 10,000 kids were asking for my help.  I left students get a drink of water when they asked.  I let my silly ones tell their jokes and I laughed with them.  Some days this is easier for me than others.  I think it is the first child/overachiever/williamandmary/analretentive side of me that so often wins out.

Tonight: I left the dishes from dinner on the counter.  I ran 3 miles for the second time this week.  I listened to Mumford and Sons and loved the line It's not the long walk home that will change this heart, but the welcome I receive with a restart.  Such. A. Good. Song. I am now sitting in the floor in the middle of my living room, still in running clothes, reading some new, encouraging blogs and getting ready to watch Modern Family.  A good end to the day indeed.

Tomorrow: We have our first cheerleading open gym of the new season.  Did it ever end?  One season just seems to blend right into the next.  But it's Thursday!  And I have big plans for the weekend. You know...like a movie on the couch and sleeping in and lunch with my mama.  Good plans.

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

Love this. Will you share some of the encouraging blogs you mentioned? I would love some new stuff to read!