Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gathering Together


A couple weekends ago we traveled to Tennessee to celebrate the life of Patrick's grandmother.  Though we were saddened by her passing, it was indeed a time of rejoicing in the hope that we have for eternity when we know Jesus Christ as Savior, as Granny Jill did.  

Because of this great hope, we were able to find joy in the sadness, laughing despite the mourning, and fellowship in the love of family.

We gathered in a cabin with amazing views of creation. 

And enjoyed simply being together as a family.

We gathered and talked around the kitchen table.

(Please notice my father-in-law's shirt.)


We gathered and played. 



We gathered and relaxed.



 We gathered and hugged.




How amazing it is that God created us to need one another, 
in times of joy and in times of sorrow.
How amazing it is that He could produce JOY out of sorrow.

"You turned my wailing into dancing;
   you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
   LORD my God, I will praise you forever. "

~Psalm 30:11-12

No comments: