Monday, April 4, 2011

Why we all need Spring Break and what to do until we get there.

I need Spring Break.
My students need Spring Break.
WE need a Spring Break from each other.

The day started off well
and spiraled downhill quickly
to me losing my temper
yelling at 6th period
writing a lot of detentions
feeling remorseful afterwards
then throwing remorse out the window as I argued with another ninth grade boy.

If I hear one more complaint...
If I have to tell you one more time...
YES YOU HAVE TO READ.
Yes you have to do work.
NO WE CANNOT WATCH A MOVIE.

I think I'm losing my mind.


So I did a little soul searching sitting in my car at the duck pond, eating ice cream from Sonic at 3:20 this afternoon.

And then I went to spend a good hour with this face.

We cuddled in a chair with a bottle. 
We explored outside.
We sat in the grass and played in the dirt.

And then I took a nap.
And had some chinese food with Dad.
And a cup of coffee at the coffeeshop.
And spent some time here.
(Not that I, in any way, am comparing my situation to Job's.  Just to be clear.)

And I'm slowing filling back up.
Tomorrow is Tuesday.

Tomorrow is a new day!
And His mercies are new every morning.

2 comments:

The Marks said...

That little face will make any day better! You are such a good Aunt, he is lucky to have you! Spring Break is coming, hang in there! :)

Unknown said...

You must be really enjoying your Spring break. You haven't blogged since 4 April. It is now 26 April. We are having withdrawal symptons. Well if you are not going to blog, we will just have to board a plane and come and speak to you in person. Only 3 weeks and 1.5 days until we leave for the USA!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Andrew, Carolyn and Amy