Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mrs. Herndon Gets Her Groove Back

Teacher Work Week has started. It kicked off with a bang when I entered my brand spankin' new classroom and just stood and stared blankly at my mounds of belongings piled into the center of the room for 5 whole minutes. The custodian walked by and happened to see me. "Yeah, I did the same thing last week when I saw it," he said. And then my neighbor co-worker came over and stared with us and said, "Yeah, me too. That's why I came in early."

We did finally get on the ball and move everything into place. I spent the entire day organizing, when I wasn't in meetings, and for the most part it got done. Enough to where I can actually sit at my desk, anyway. Today I was supposed to make my lesson plans for next week. Ha. Like that actually happened. My head is still spinning and by the time I actually had time to sit down and do it, it was time for cheerleading practice.

I'm tired. It has been two long marathon days so far.

But it has been good. I've enjoyed seeing everyone that I've missed over the summer. I'm starting to get inspired and lesson plans are coming. I'm brainstorming with my co-workers and getting excited about the ways I can use my new room. The ITRT (or, "the technology guy" as I lovingly call him because I cannot for the life of me remember what ITRT stands for) came by to share some exciting new gadgets he had ordered. He knows how I love to play with technology and I probably drooled a little when he was describing the new webcams that he found.

So, I'm getting my groove back. Slowly but surely.

I'm even making dinner in the crockpot tomorrow night. I know I know, living on the edge. Life is always exciting around here.

No comments: