Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions and such.

Goodbye 2009, hello 2010! Happy New Year's Eve to everyone! The neat thing about New Years is that my birthday is shortly after....yesssss more presents. I love presents! (That might sound shallow, but you know you love presents too. Everyone does. Stop judging me.) Anyways, what is neat about that is that I really feel, at the end of each year, that it is a brand new year of my life. New start. Another year older. It helps me to really feel the passage of time, which can be good and bad....I'm pretty nostalgic at times. So I do make resolutions each year, even though it is so incredibly cliche; it helps me to set the course for the next year of my life. I usually end up changing some, forgetting (literally) about some, and even chucking some out the window completely come February. Nevertheless, I think it is a good thing to have goals.

So...without further adieu, here are my 2010 goals:

1. Get up earlier to spend time with the Lord.
I did this every day in college and it was such a sweet time of communion and growth in my walk with the Lord. I NEED this time. Now more than ever.

2. Less TV, more books.
I will be posting my 2010 reading list soon!

3. Enter receipts into PearBudget immediately.
I've been slipping here. Not good. Especially when saving to go on a big trip!

4. Get back on track with my running.
I was doing so well! Then brochitis struck...dun dun dun... I miss it!

5. Put laundry away immediately.
Instead of letting it sit or pile up in the laundry room in the basement...a long way to walk for a clean shirt!

So there you go. No losing 10 pounds (although I'm desperately hoping that will happen with the help of Resolution #4). No huge life changes (though that might come with Resolution #1). Just some things I need to work on in areas that I've let go recently. I'll try to you keep you posted.

Here's to a happy, healthy New Year! God Bless!

No comments: