Sunday, November 9, 2008

Making a comeback...

So it's been awhile since we've blogged. We realize this. Actually, we're not sure it matters because we aren't sure that anyone is actually reading this anyway. I (Emily) almost gave up on blogging about our life. But the other night Patrick and I happened to be getting ready to go to bed and were talking about other people's blogs that we read. I reminded him that we have one of our own that we have never really posted anything on (except the glorious picture of our beloved cat). I said to him, "I'm not sure why I even started a blog. What did I think we would write about...all we do is go to work, go to church, hang out with friends, and watch Thursday night TV...we don't even have any kids to post cute pictures of!" That is when my brilliant husband reminded me that we know a lot of people here in Salem, and, really, all over the place. We are also in positions of influence because we touch so many people daily. (I teach 9th grade English, Patrick works with 9 other people and waits on customers all day, he also works with the youth at church, the list goes on.) So, we decided that there might actually be people out there that have some small interest in what we have to say. Maybe??? We'll see. But in the meantime, we'll post anyway.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Emily! I have a blog too and didnt think anyone read it, but then I found out that more people than I thought did...and I thought I didnt have anything to write about, but found the more I wrote, the more I had to say! Good luck with yours and I look forward to blog stalking you!! :)

Jenna

Emily and Patrick said...

Jenna, thanks for the words of encouragement! I'll check out your blog too (for inspiration!!)

Emily and Patrick said...

Also, Jenna, I have forgotten to say CONGRATS!! to you guys! I've stalked you on Facebook :) You look so great! I hope Aiden comes soon! Great to be back in touch with you!

Jan said...

Emily: I share your enthusiasm for Thursday night TV and I think it is a very valid thing to blog about.


I am so excited you have a blog!!

Also I miss you! and so does Lucy!!