Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Happenings

I took a mental health day two weeks ago.  I needed to get some grading done and just have some peace and quiet before the rush of the holidays.  And seriously am I glad I did because things have gotten crazy fast!


We've decked the halls.
And I made a fancy and simple Christmas card holder out of ribbon and clothes pins.

We attended the annual Hanging of the Greens Advent service.
I love this service.  It's all about decorating and Christmas carols and Christ.
And kids singing.

We closed the service by dimming the lights and singing Silent Night in the candlelight.  One of the students strummed it on his guitar.  It was peaceful and beautiful.

Then, on Wednesday night, our cheerleaders did our Christmas dinner.  Instead of spending $10 a piece on silly little gifts for each other, we went to the mall, each contributed $10 to the pot and got gifts for a little girl off the Angel Tree.  It was a much better use of our money, a simple lesson in giving, and the joy of just being together.

Then we went to Carraba's for dinner.

 
On Thursday, I made a trifle.
We had a small Christmas get together with some girlfriends and the trifle was my contributed dish.  I used this recipe, only I used chocolate pudding.  It was to die for.  I ate it for breakfast on Friday.

I love the Christmas season.  I love that it's a season and not just one day.  So far we've a busy, but quiet time of fellowship, food, and joy.  I'm looking forward to next week.  I never want it to end!

No comments: