Monday, February 2, 2009

Absent

So, I am not as good at keeping up with this thing as I had hoped to be. Sorry, I vow to better in the future! Our life has been pretty crazy since Christmas and today I am home sick so I thought it would be a good time to catch up. I saw on someone else's blog (I can't remember who?) that they had the same problem over the holidays, and wrote an update in list form. Here here is my speedy catch -up from the Holiday until now, in list format:

1. Restful holiday break with family and friends in Salem.
2. Traveled to Gatlinburg the day after Christmas to hit the sales and visit Patrick's grandma. I think this will be a new tradition!
3. Celebrated New Years' with our wonderful friends Shawn and Sarah-a relaxing night of dinner at Macados and Mario Kart. (Sidenote: did anyone else think it was a little sad and slightly disturbing to watch Dick Clark?? Was this really a great idea??)
4. Went to Williamsburg for my birthday (January 6) was THE MOST RELAXING TRIP of all time...wondering around DOG street and campus, lunch at Cheese Shop, dinner at the Trellis. Yum!
5. Back to school and work and normal routine...although it took us until January 24-25 to get our tree and decorations down. No rush, right?
6. Emily began working out (hello New Years Resolution). Patrick did not. But continues to "think about it." (??)
7. January 23-Emily successfully made it through her first semester as a real life teacher. Whew!
8. Patrick has begun to ponder the idea of going for his MBA. I'm trying to encourage him in this. He's so good at what he does and he loves it! (and this only increases my chances of getting to be a stay at home mom at some point in my life. Just a sidenote!) Please pray for us about this decision!
9. We've thought about looking to move to a different house. Interest rates low=more house, same money?? But we love our house so much. We're still on the fence about this. We'll keep you updated.
10. Today, I'm home sick. Apparently a virus, which I found out after greatly offending the dr. on duty by thinking she was just an intern. (Yes, I've been watching too much Grey's Anatomy.) But she came in my room and just sat down and started chatting me up about how cute my purse is and what I did for a living. When 5 minutes had gone by and she hadn't started examining me, I assumed we were waiting on the real docter (mistake) and promptly said, "so are you an intern??" "No, I'm the doctor." Oops. But she was wearing awesome red shoes which I complimented, so maybe that helped smooth things over??

So that is our life, in a nutshell (or more accurately, in a concise list) from Christmas until this very moment. I plan to post pictures of Christmas very soon!

No comments: