Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve

This year I tried, I really did, to slow down and savor the Christmas season, and for the first time in years, I do not feel like Christmas snuck up on me.  It was just the right amount of savoring and slowing, waiting and dreaming, taking my time and yet feeling the anticipation in the air of the special day that was coming.
 
{I wanted it to be a glimmer of the anticipation we feel as we wait longingly on our precious Savior.}
 
I brought home less work.

We've played Christmas music in the house.  In the car. In the classroom.
 
 
We watched a Christmas movie almost every single night
(but I still can't seem to catch the very beginning and the very end of The Polar Express. 
I think I've seen the middle a hundred times now!)
 
We decorated the house.

 
 
And hunted a tree.
 

 
 
 
We went to a few parties.
 
 
 
And sang Christmas carols.
 
 
 

We sent Christmas cards.
 
 
In the midst of it all, we all came down with the flu. 
But we survived are all the better from a few days of rest.
 
 
And so, we'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas Eve!
May this day of anticipation be a day of joyous waiting,
a time of family and friends
and longing
to be with our Lord,
made possible because of what he did in sending Himself in that humble baby
so many thousand years ago.
 
May God's Grace and Mercy be real to you this holiday season!
 
Love,
The Herndons
 
 
P.S. I promise to be better at blogging in 2013!  Cross my heart.





No comments: