Sunday, March 13, 2011

Some Sunday Things

1. It ended up not being such a busy week after all.  Cheerleading was cancelled 3 days this week due to a state tournament girls basketball game and 2 days of pouring rain for which they cancelled all after school activities.  I believe it was God's provision, because I didn't know how the heck I was going to get all my grading done this week in the midst of the whirlwind.  It actually ended up being a very quiet and productive week.  Tryouts are rescheduled for this Wednesday, AFTER all my grades are due, so I will have time to focus.

2. It has been 65 and sunny all weekend.  <3

3. Our pastor preached an incredible sermon on Judges 16 and the story of Sampson today.  You can listen to it here if you are interested.  I was challenged to quit playing the religious game.  To stop treating God like a waiter at a restaurant who brings you what you want, keeps your glass filled, and then leaves you alone so that you can concentrate on the love of your life sitting across the table from you.  God wants to be the one across the table!

4. I'm growing REALLY antsy for spring to kick into full swing.  Heck, let's just get all the cards on the table...I'M READY FOR SUMMER.  I'm daydreaming about flowers and vegetables and no sleeves and sitting by the pool with a good book. AND FOR THE LOVE NO GRADING.  I'm so over grading papers for the moment.

5. South Beach is going relatively well, except I keep cheating on the weekends.  What can I say?  I have a grandmother who makes amazing food.  But Monday through Friday I've done a really good job.  I've lost 4 pounds, which is not a lot but it is something.  Here are the things I eat the most of: vegetables/salad, string cheese, eggs, beans, milk, soups, pistaschios, and low-carb yogurt (Kroger has this vanilla chai flavor that is AWESOME).  And here is my favorite thing to do when I crave something sweet (this is from the SBD book): Mix 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese with 1 tsp. of cocoa powder and 1 packet of splenda.  Put in a drop of vanilla.  Stir it up.  Eat it all.  It is like chocolate cheesecake, and who doesn't love that? 

Ok, back to grading and enjoying this GORGEOUS weather.  Happy New Week!  Let's see what it holds.

No comments: