Friday, March 2, 2012

Moments of Grace This Week

Despite this busy week of coming and going, of being a wife and mother and teacher and mentor and friend and and and...

The Lord provided a few gifts of time.  Just a few snippets of calm and quiet to gather my thoughts and rest my soul.

On Monday, I got up early and had some time in the Word before school.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

On Tuesday, I came home after school and took a nap while Calvin was at track practice.  I was much nicer after a little sleep.  I usually am.

On Thursday, I got to walk with a good friend, like a second mama to me, and catch up.  It had been too long. 

On Thursday evening, I dropped Calvin off at tutoring and then spent a quiet hour alone at the library with a big stack of books and a cup of coffee.  Even the walk across the street was refreshing.  I lingered and walked slowly, enjoying the usually warm breeze on the first evening of March.

God is good.  He continually provides exactly what I need, exactly when I need it. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments: